Thursday, March 8, 2012

Why We Speak

During a group discussion today, it came up why we, as artists, do this.  I believe The Spider And The Fly said it best:

"We don't do this for outward attention (except Mikey). We do this to vent. We do this, because without something like spoken word, this would bottle up inside of us. That's why I've always written. This is more than "look at me!" (except Mikey) This is "listen to what I have to say." I don't want your body . . . I want your mind. (except Mikey) We are in this for that secret exhibitionism . . . but in the end, it's because we have to write. We have to speak. This is a great team of artists, that I now look up to. (except Mikey)"

It has yet to be determined what Mikey's motivations are.  I suspect it may be an excuse to wear crocs or an adult diaper in public and call it art.

No comments:

Post a Comment